Breweries, Distilleries, Wineries - Oh, My! Our Guide to the Best in the SmokiesAs you already know, there are plenty of things to do in the Smokies to keep any vacationer entertained. Whether they want to hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or shop ‘til they drop at the outlet mall, the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas have plenty to offer.
Some of those renting cabins in Pigeon Forge may want to go on a bit of a grown-up vacation and leave the kids behind. There are plenty of ways to keep the adults entertained in the Smokies including exploring these breweries, distilleries, and wineries!
The cabins in Gatlinburg will keep vacationers ideally located to visit many of the breweries in the area. Here are a few that are worth checking out during your brewery crawl.
- Smoky Mountain Brewery: This brewpub in Pigeon Forge has a laid back vibe. The house made beer is available on tap, and there are plenty of menu options to choose from as well. Pizza, burgers, and sandwiches are the bulk of the options, and guests can toss back a few pints while watching the HDTVs.
- Yee-Haw Brewing Co: For those that want to go on a brewery tour, Yee-Haw is the place to check out. You get to take a trip through where the magic happens and finish of your tour with a flight of beer. This brewery is located in Johnson City just a short drive from the cabins in Pigeon Forge.
- Blackhorse Pub & Brewery: For those willing to travel a little further seeking things to do in the Smokies, Blackhorse may be the spot for you. Located in Knoxville, this pub and brewery were established in 1992, and it has been going strong ever since. You will find plenty of delicious food options including brunch on the weekends. Plus, there is plenty of beer! The Vanilla Cream Ale is a fan favorite if you like American style brews.
If breweries aren’t really your thing, perhaps a good old fashioned distillery will get you out the doors of your cabins in Pigeon Forge! Here are a couple of the distilleries worth checking out.
- Old Forge Distillery: This boutique distillery is located in Pigeon Forge, and it offers several flavored spirits for sampling. There is also a gift shop to browse, and the whole shebang can be found in an old farm supply store.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine: Those staying in cabins in Gatlinburg won’t have to go far to find a corn-whiskey distillery. Ole Smokey offers moonshine brewed in copper stills, and visitors are welcome to take a tour.
Breweries and Distilleries aren’t the only things to do in the Smokies, there are also quite a few wineries to explore.
- Apple Barn Winery: A picturesque spot located in Sevierville, this winery features apple orchards and grape orchards. Visitors can explore the grounds, taste-test the goods, and have a meal in the restaurant.
- Smoky Mountain Winery: Those looking for award-winning vintages will want to head to the Smoky Mountain Winery located in Gatlinburg, not too far from the rental cabins in Gatlinburg! There is a tasting room as well as a gift shop in this adorable German-inspired building.
Mountain Air Cabin Rentals
If you need to find a rental cabin for your tour of the breweries, distilleries, and wineries in the Smoky Mountains, Mountain Air has cabins of all sizes available for booking. No matter your preference for things to do in the Smokies, Mountain Air has the ideal accommodations.