Is the Family Overheating? Cool Everyone Down at Dollywood Splash Country
Dollywood is one of the biggest attractions in Pigeon Forge, but many people forget that this theme park also has a water park to enjoy. When the family is getting overwhelmed by the summer heat, hitting the water slides may be the perfect solution.
You definitely want to save some space for hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and there are plenty of other things to do in the Smokies. However, when the family is overheating, there is nothing else quite like Dollywood Splash Country!
Pigeon Forge Attractions: Dollywood Splash Country
When you are looking for things to do in the Smokies that will keep the family cool, Splash Country will be in the number one spot on your list. This water park has it all, and those savvy park goers will add the TimeSave H2O Pass to their ticket and beat the lines!
Pigeon Forge attractions for the adrenaline junkies as Splash Country include:
- Big Bear Plunge: This ride is like a whitewater rafting adventure that takes you through dark caverns and steep drops.
- Fire Tower Falls: This sudden drop is one of the fastest and tallest rides in the entire park. Only those that are at least 48” can ride this one.
- Mountain Scream: The name says it all! If you are looking for things to do in the Smokies that will have your heart pounding, this waterslide with the corkscrew tunnels is sure to get the job done.
- TailSpin Racer: This is one of the newest slides at the park, and it is packed full of twists and turns.
If you are hitting the park with little ones, you don’t have to worry! This is one of the Pigeon Forge attractions with plenty to offer the tots.
- The Cascades: This is a lagoon-style pool that contains 8,000 square feet of splishy-splashy fun.
- Little Creek Falls: This area of the park was created with your little guys and gals in mind. There is plenty to enjoy over here that is safe for those smaller members of your vacation crew.
- Downbound Float Trip: This lazy river is 1,500 feet long, and it offers a cool and relaxing way to enjoy the mountain views.
Pigeon Forge Cabins Near All the Things to do in the Smokies!
Families that want to enjoy all the fun things to do in the Smokies and also be close to Dollywood will have no problem finding accommodations. There are plenty of family-sized cabin rentals that offer a home-like environment while keeping you near the Pigeon Forge attractions. Cabins like the Dancing Bear Lodge will be the perfect fit. This three-bedroom log cabin is just only a few moments from the Parkway, but it has all the secluded mountain fun you could desire. Enjoy the covered porch, relax in the hot tub, or cook burgers on the charcoal grill. You will have everything you need.
Mountain Air Chalets is your source for high-quality Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg cabins. You can get everything you need and more in one of these unique mountain homes.
Mountain Air Cabin Rentals vacation homes are located throughout the Smoky Mountains: Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Wears Valley. We are close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood, Ripley's Aquarium, many dinner shows and theaters, local arts and crafts, and a variety of other activities.