The Best Winter Activities in the Smokies
Winter in the Smokies is always fun for the whole family! Bundle up and get ready to have the time of your life right here in Gatlinburg, Sevierville, and Pigeon Forge.
We wanted to let you know a few of the fun things that you can do in the Smoky Mountains during the winter.
- Snuggle up by the fireplace – this is our personal favorite. Choose your favorite Gatlinburg, Sevierville, or Pigeon Forge cabin and snuggle up with your loved one on the warm couch in front of the fireplace. There’s nothing quite like enjoying the beauty of the Smoky Mountains from your own personal cabin. We highly recommend grabbing a fleece blanket, some hot cocoa, and your sweetie to enjoy the most peaceful winter moment in front of one of our fireplaces.
- Shop at Tanger Outlet Mall – have some shopping to do? Don’t we all! Gear up for the holidays with everything you need at the best prices you’ll find anywhere when you visit Tanger Outlet Mall in Sevierville. Looking for specialty gifts and name brand items for less? We’ve got you covered. Tanger Outlet Malls is the place to be this Christmas!
- Dinner Shows – What better way to spend evenings in the Smokies than laughing and cutting up with your loved ones at the best shows around? We have a whole host of options for you to choose from. Have any questions on which show would be best? Come on in and ask our helpful staff when you check in!! We would love to help.
- Winter Hiking or Auto Touring – If you know how to bundle up, you can take any number of great winter hikes to see stunning views of the Smoky Mountains and experience winter in a very memorable way. If you would rather stay warm, then you can hop in the car, crank the heat, and tour the Smokies in your car. There are a lot of roads that are still open for you during the winter!
- Visit Ober Gatlinburg – A winter trip to Gatlinburg isn’t complete without a stop at Ober Gatlinburg. You can ride the tram up to the mountain, then choose from a wide array of winter activities. Go skiing or snowboarding, snow tubing, ice skating, shop, and much more while you visit Ober!
Those are just a few of the wonderful things you can do when you visit the Smokies this winter! We hope to see you soon! Have questions? Feel free to call us or live chat. We would love to hear from you!
Mountain Air Cabin Rentals vacation homes are located throughout the Smoky Mountains: Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Wears Valley. We are close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood, Ripley's Aquarium, many dinner shows and theaters, local arts and crafts, and a variety of other activities.